During February we as a church have a month of prayer and fasting. We believe in the power of prayer and we are believing that we will see heaven come to earth this February.
We cannot attain the presence of God because we’re already totally in the presence of God. What’s absent is awareness. When it comes to prayer, God promises to never leave us nor forsake us, we just need to focus on him. One of the ways we do this is to “Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise” it’s the biblical prescription given to us to approach His throne (Psalm 100:4) We praise Him for who He is. Yes we are totally unworthy to enter His throne room, and yet His love (by Jesus death on the cross) overshadowed our unworthiness. Its not about how we feel, it an invitation from a loving Father to not only enter in but to rule and reign over situations. We have been positioned to sit “above” all other powers because we are raised up together with Christ, and made us sit together in the heavenly place in Christ Jesus. Eph 2: 5-6 . This is our posture.
Secondly, effective prayer follows a very simple formula. It must be Word based, Word led, and Word sustained. Jesus said in Luke 4:4 that “man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God”. The bible teaches that God heals and delivers with His Word. It also says that it was the Word that created everything in existence and it’s the same word that sustains everything, holding it all together. Personally I love to find the Word of God for a particular instance and set about reminding God and praying His Word. When we speak the Word of God we invade the darkness of this world creating God’s will for light to come to pass.
Prayer is the portal that brings the power of heaven down to earth. It is kryptonite to the enemy and to all his ploys against you. You have authority we just need to act upon it. During the month of February we are going to press into God and see His will be done and His Kingdom come in your life and the life of Tweed Coast Church.
Prayer and fasting dates and points of prayer 2018
- February 1 -28 Month of prayer and fasting
- Hour of Power Prayer Night – Sunday Feb 4th 5p
- Hour of Power Prayer Night- Sunday Feb 25th 5pm
- Prayer – Tuesday Mornings – Feb 13th/ 27th 8am – 9am
- Prayer – Friday Mornings – Feb 9th /16th /23rd 8am -9am
- Pray for our leadership- pastors, board, leaders and small group leaders
- Pray for our plans and progress in the building process
- Pray for Sunday Services/ Small groups /Pathways / all our Dream Teams
- Pray for our youth and kids ministries
- Pray for salvations/ missions both local and around the world
- Pray for our community and nation
- Pray for our people to know God, find freedom, discover purpose and make a difference.