In Luke 4:18 it says:
“The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to set the oppressed free,
to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”
“Because” means ‘for this reason’ or ‘for this cause’.
“BE IN THE CAUSE” is a call from God. It’s a call for us to position ourselves in the cause of Christ.
Christ=Anointed one. As Christ-ians we are anointed ones.
As we look ahead to 2019 I believe God is calling us to position ourselves as a church for the cause of God. As we do this I believe we can remember:
…God is renowned for making great things from the most unlikely situations and people. Get ready for him to do amazing things through our church and your life.
…Be ready to align your will with God’s plan for your life. As we align our ourselves with His plan, we will begin to see doors of opportunity open and God’s will come to earth.
…We are proclaimers of freedom and vision. As we begin to speak this good news God is going to bring freedom, vision and salvations like we’ve never seen before.
We are praying that a fresh vision and passion will come into your heart as you consider your part in this great cause.
Let’s pray and believe together for:
- “Operation Gospill” – many people finding salvation in Jesus
- Land – for our future home, provision of finances
- Sunday Night Lights (last Sunday of the month) – new Sunday night service
- Mens/Womens Ministries – powerful ministry to many men and women
- Easter (April 19th-21st) – salvation and impact through the message of Easter
- Kids/Youth/Young Adults – God encounters, creating and finding community
- Serve Day (Saturday July 13th) – reaching many people in our community
- Thailand Mission Trip (November) – parent and child missions trip
Pastors Jonathan & Amy Kerridge