IMPORTANT UPDATE ON CORONAVIRUS
At Tweed Coast Church, we aim to provide a safe environment for all who attend our services and programs. When it comes to the current outbreak of Coronavirus, we believe it is important that we respond practically and wisely to minimise the spread of this disease.
We have considered the recommendations from the Australian Government and Department of Health, and are sharing some precautionary measures to put in place to manage the potential risk for our Tweed Coast Church family.
HOW YOU CAN STAY SAFE
- Regularly washing your hands with soap and water;
- Covering your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze;
- Avoiding close contact with those who have been infected;
- If you or your child is feeling unwell, please stay home and seek medical attention;
- Health professionals are suggesting we take care with greeting each other (a smile or wave can be as welcoming as a handshake or a hug at this time).
- Surgical masks are only recommended to members of the community who are displaying symptoms.
- The Dept of Health has released a fact sheet Information for Parents. If your child is unwell, please may we ask you not to send them to the Kids program.
- If you experience any respiratory-related symptoms or a fever (including but not limited to temperature, cough, shortness of breath, rapid breathing, a sore throat, or a runny nose), please consult your doctor and stay at home and rest (for a period of 14 days).
- If you have reason to believe you may have Coronavirus, it is important that you seek medical attention early. Make sure you call ahead so that your doctor’s surgery can be prepared.
National Coronavirus Health Information Line: 1800 020 080
- If you are unwell and serve on our Church team, please let your Team Leader know ASAP, so we can organise alternative arrangements and so we can pray and care for you (we don’t want you to feel isolated).
- Weekly podcasts of the sermons are available on the church website or on Apple Podcasts.
These measures are not to cause fear or alarm. We want to reassure you that we are committed to your health and well-being, and will be praying for everyone in our Tweed Coast Church family. We remain people of faith, with our hope and trust in the Lord. (Psalm 91 is a great encouragement at this time!)
We will continue to advise you of any further updates. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
Senior Pastors Jono & Amy Kerridge
Tweed Coast Church