How to Handle Criticism
December 16, 2018 | Sermon by
Pastor Jono spoke about how we can handle criticism in a Godly way:
- You will be criticised – for following Christ, for how you live, Jesus was perfect but he himself was criticised. Discuss how you handle criticism in your own life.
- You can minimise criticism. It starts with you. Ask yourself – are you critical? Do you have opportunity for feedback before it gets critical – in your marriage, in your family, in your friendships? We need to be wise in how we live to minimise criticism. Read Philippians 2:12-15 and how it shows us how we can live wise lives.
- Use accurate criticism to change. Read Proverbs 15:31 and discuss how it is wise to listen to accurate criticism.
- Use inaccurate criticism as an oppprtunity to clarify. The apostles responded to innacurate criticism in Acts 11:2-4 as an opportunity to bring clarity. Discuss how we can do the same.
- Use malicious criticism as an opportunity to show Grace. Read Matthew 5:44 and discuss how we are to show Gods Grace in this world.
- For God’s blessing and favour on this season leading into Christmas including A Tweed Coast Christmas Spectacular, our Love Out Loud Christmas Care Packs and Christmas Eve Eve Service.
- For our church “Building a Legacy” for favour with council over land
- Sunday November 25 Special Guest Margaret Stunt – invite friends and family
- Sunday December 9 A Tweed Coast Christmas Spectacular – buy tickets on the church website!