The Christ of Christianity
March 10, 2019 | Sermon by Ps Jono Kerridge
“OPERATION-GOS-PILL” The Christ of Christianity.”
The Gospel is The Good News of Jesus.
The Gospel changes our lives. It never wears out. Romans 1:16.
- WHAT WE BELIEVE ABOUT GOD
- God Takes the Initiative. Genesis 3:9 John 15:16;
- God Makes Himself Known
- a) Through Creation.Creation is God ‘s Greatest Evangelist” (Jonathan Edwards) Psalm 19:1.
- b) Through the Word. The Scriptures are alive. God Makes Himself Known through the Word.
- God is Found if We Seek Him. Matthew 7:7. The thrill is actually being found by Him.
Christianity is About Christ.
- THE CLAIMS OF CHRIST
- He claimed to be God. John 10:30 -33 John 8:42
- He claimed to fulfil Scripture Matt 5:17. Luke 24: 25=27.
- Jesus claimed to have come from Heaven. John 3:13
- Jesus claimed to be sinless. John 8:46
- Jesus claimed to be able to forgive sin. Sin is missing the mark.
- Jesus is the only way to heaven. John 14:6
- Jesus claimed to be able to give eternal life.John 6:40
- Jesus claimed to be the Christ.John 3:16
DISCUSS: Which of these claims is a fresh revelation to you. Why.
Jesus came for:
- A plan.
- An event that took place – the cross.
- An achievement – Sin was atoned for. It.s a guilt smashing achievement.
- An offer for each one personally.
- The Application – The offer has to be taken . You receive the cleansing whiteness for yourself.
- We pass the offer on. 1 Peter 3:18. Romans’ 1:16.
DISCUSS: How these 6 steps can form a personal outline we can use to share the Gospel with our friends.